RAW KEY LIME PIE
This magical treat offers all four key textures to the tongue; sweet, salty, crunchy and soft! Guaranteed to satisfy your tastebuds, this is a go-to whenever we have guests at ROOTED HQ.
This recipe keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 14 days.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/8 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 large very soft Hass avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews – soaked for min 2 hours, then drained
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
1) To make the crust, add the cashews first to a medium pulp – there should still be larger pieces for crunch!
2) Add the coconut, pitted dates, and sea salt to your food processor. Process until the ingredients are mixed and broken down well, and they stick together when you collect a small handful and squeeze.
3) Press the crust ingredients evenly into the bottom of on oiled, 9-inch pan.
4) To make the filling, throw the filling ingredients into you blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
5)Pour the filling over the crust and use a spatula or inverted knife to shape the top.
6) Chill the pie in the freezer for an hour, then transfer it to the fridge and let it set for another 3 hours, or overnight.
7) Cut into slices and serve with some lime zest.
The ROOTED crew.